Monday, October 2, 2017

September Reading Wrap-Up

This summer wasn't great for me in terms of reading or blogging. September was much better in terms of reading (out of a general reading slump, plus trains are running so I have my commuting time to read back) but way less blogging happened. Not for any real reason other than the weekends seemed busier than normal and I do most of my blogging on the weekends. So. Here's to October being better for both.

Number of books read
5
The Road to Little Dribbling by Bill Bryson
Locke & Key by Joe Hill (& Gabriel Rodriguez, except I listened to the audiobook so did not get to enjoy his artwork)
We Were Eight Years in Power: An American Tragedy by Ta-Nehisi Coates

Number of pages read
2,326
Fiction
60%

Female authors
20%

POC authors
20%

US authors
100%

Book formats
audiobook: 20%
ebook: 60%
paperback: 20%

Where'd I get the book?
indie bookstore: 20%
Kindle/Audible: 20%
NetGalley: 60%

Reread
20%

Review books
60%

Readalong/bookclub
20%

Books by decade
2000s: 20%
2010s: 80%

Books by genre
Essays: 20%
Horror: 20%
Satire: 20%
Sci-fi: 20%
Travel :20%

Resolution books
20%
Only We Were Eight Years in Power (POC author). Otherwise all the books are by US authors, white authors, and published after 2000. Again, Gabriel Rodriguez did the artwork for the Locke & Key graphic novel but since I listened to the book it seems like I can't count him as an additional POC author.

Here's to October!